Professional IPL Hair Removal Machines
All products at www.advance-esthetic.us website are intended for cosmetic use.
All products at www.advance-esthetic.us website are not intended to treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
IPL Hair Removal Machines
Unwanted hair is a problem that’s too familiar for both males and females. There are plenty of options in the market on how to address it - from waxing to shaving, as well as plucking. These days, IPL hair removal is increasingly becoming popular because of its long-term benefits.
If want to know more about IPL hair removal machines, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will talk about everything you need to know about IPL hair removal machines.
What is IPL Hair Removal Equipment
IPL means Intense Pulsed Light. It is a technology that uses extremely gentle pulses of light and applies them to the hair roots. This brings the hair into a resting phase - meaning the hair is still attached to the follicle but stops growing. Eventually, the hair falls out and less hair will grow out on that area. The IPL hair removal equipment is the device you use to execute this process.
What Benefits Your Clients Can Get From IPL Hair Removal Machines?
IPL hair removal machines have plenty of benefits. For one, it decreases the chance of hair regrowth as well as ingrown hairs for good. The process is all quick and easy, plus it does not hurt, unlike waxing or plucking. IPL hair removal machines are also a great value for money because the cost of other hair removal options is far more expensive when combined. Ultimately, it also helps save time and hassle because you do not need to wax, shave, or pluck every now and then.
How Does IPL Hair Removal Machines Work
IPL hair removal machines use light energy to penetrate through the hair follicles and impair hair growth. It can also be used to treat damaged or highly pigmented skin. A medical professional (or you can do this at home) will aim several wavelengths of light onto the skin. The heat produced by this light breaks the skin cells which the body removes naturally.
IPL Hair Removal Treatment
IPL hair removal treatment is popular due to the fact that it almost permanently removes unwanted boy hairs. It is also the most comfortable, unlike waxing or plucking. Plus, it is the most cost-effective as the other methods appear to be more expensive when all costs are combined.
What Is IPL Hair Removal Treatment
IPL hair removal treatment is a method of removing unwanted body hairs with the use of gentle pulses of light that penetrate through the hair follicles. The hair then goes into the resting phase, wherein it stays in the follicle but stops growing and eventually falls off.
Who Needs IPL Hair Removal Treatment
IPL hair removal treatment can benefit a lot of people with different skin concerns, primarily those who want to remove their unwanted body hairs. Keep in mind though that there are some conditions wherein IPL hair removal treatment is not recommended including:
- Sensitivity to light
- Skin cancer (suspected or otherwise)
- Severe scarring
- Using retinoid cream
- Having recently tanned regardless of method (sunlight, tanning beds, or tanning creams)
Does IPL Hair Removal Really Work?
As a popular hair removal treatment, there is no doubt that IPL hair removal really works. Although, just like other treatments, there are also some precautions that need to be followed to make sure that the treatment is successful. For example, to guarantee at least 70% of unwanted hair removed, you should be able to do about 6 to 8 IPL sessions. It is also recommended for your to shave your hair on the day or the day before the treatment so that the laser lights can properly penetrate through the hair follicles.
IPL Hair Removal Results
IPL hair removal is the best choice among all similar treatments because it addresses the ultimate cause of unwanted hair growth. This leads to permanently smooth skin and you do not need to wax, pluck, or shave every so often just to keep those unwanted hairs from growing.
How Often to Get IPL Hair Removal Treatment
Most patients can see results after 6 to 8 treatments. However, results vary depending on the patient. You need to come up with your personal treatment plan depending on your hair, what you need, and also your end goal.
What are the Side Effects of IPL Hair Removal? Does it Hurt?
Studies say that IPL technology is generally safe. Depending on the patient, there are some side effects that can appear after the procedure. Because it damages the hair follicles, the skin may appear red and irritated, but not for a long time. Rare side effects include scars, burns, and blisters. IPL hair removal may cause the skin to become tender, but the procedure does not hurt at all.
How Many IPL Hair Removal Treatments Are Needed?
On average, it requires 6 to 8 sessions for a patient to see significant results of IPL hair removal treatment. However, there are some who would need more than 8 sessions to see results. After the initial sessions, it is also recommended to undergo treatment at least once a year to maintained lessened hair growth.
How Long Does It Take To See Results from IPL Hair Removal?
IPL hair removal treatment sessions should have an interval of 21 days or three weeks. Thus, on average, it may take 18 to 24 weeks before you can see actual results.
What is the After Care for the IPL Hair Removal?
After your IPL hair removal session, the treated area shouldn’t get wet for at least 8 hours. It is also recommended to apply hydrocortisone cream on the treated area every 12 hours for three days. Getting a tan, regardless of whether it is through sunlight, tanning bed, or tanning cream is also not a good idea while undergoing IPL hair removal treatment.
How Long Do IPL Hair Removal Results Last?
IPL hair removal results do not happen overnight. After the treatment, your hair will not be gone instantly. While it is true that the treatment damages the hair follicle, the exposed layer of your hair can take about 2 weeks before it sheds.
Can You Have IPL Hair Removal After Botox?
After-care treatment for Botox includes avoiding exposure to excessive heat. Thus, it is not a good idea to undergo an IPL hair removal session after Botox treatment. If you just had your Botox treatment, it is recommended for you to wait for at least 4 weeks, or do the IPL hair removal treatment before the Botox session.
IPL Hair Removal Benefits
IPL hair removal has plenty of benefits including:
- Less costly in the long run. IPL can guarantee permanent hair growth reduction, so even if it appears to be more expensive compared to waxing or shaving, it still costs less when you combine all the costs of other hair removal treatment options.
- Not painful at all. Waxing, epilating, and threading are known to be painful because the process plucks your hair from its root. With IPL hair removal, the heat from its light does not even sting at all.
- Can be done even if you’ve fully shaven your hair. The problem with waxing and other hair removal methods is that you need to grow your hair before it can even be performed. IPL hair removal can still be done even if you just shaved your hair the day before.
- It is the most convenient method. IPL hair removal lets you say goodbye to the days you can’t wear your favorite sundress because you have underarm hair and you forgot to pluck, or it’s too early for waxing. Needless to say, it can really keep your confidence.
IPL Hair Removal Recovery Time
IPL hair removal recovery time varies from patient to patient - there are some who heal fast and others have to wait for several days for the treated area to be completely healed. In most cases, patients can expect the treated area to heal within as little as 2-3 days.
IPL Hair Removal Pros and Cons
While IPL hair removal presents tons of benefits, it also comes with some disadvantages. Here are some of the pros and cons of the treatment:
- The most convenient hair removal method.
- It guarantees permanent results.
- No more unwanted regrowth and even ingrown hairs.
- More cost-effective in the long run.
- Cannot be done to those who have skin conditions like psoriasis, skin cancer, or those whose skin is photosensitive.
- Cannot be done to people who just got tanned or those who have sunburnt skin.
- Cannot be done to pregnant women and those who have moles and tattoos on the area that needs to be treated.
IPL Hair Removal Treatment Before and After
It is important to take note of the do’s and don’ts before and after IPL hair removal treatment. Here’s what you should do before and after the treatment:
Before the treatment:
- Do not pluck or wax the hair to be treated for at least 6 weeks before the treatment.
- Do shave the area at least the night before your session.
- Do not expose the area to be treated to sunlight.
After the treatment:
- Do not scratch or scrub the treated area.
- Do wash the area at least 8 hours after the treatment.
- Do apply hydrocortisone on the treated area every 12 hours for 3 days.
- Do not go on steam baths, saunas, or hot baths. Avoid water with chlorine for 2-3 days. Do not go sunbathing, or tanning.
IPL Hair Removal Cost in the US
IPL hair removal cost in the US varies depending on the area that needs to be treated. Below is the average estimated cost of treatment in various parts of the body:
- Underarm: 6-8 sessions at $72 - $145
- Bikini: 6-8 sessions at $110 - $300
- Face: 7-10 sessions at $125 -$250
- Upper Lip: 7-10 sessions at $42 - $85
- Chest: 8-10 sessions at $275 - $450
- Chin: 7-10 sessions at $42 - $85
- Half of the legs: 6-8 sessions at $190 - $450
How Long is IPL Hair Removal Treatment
The duration of IPL hair removal per session also varies depending on the area that needs to be treated. It can last at a minimum of 15 minutes and at a maximum of 60 minutes.
What to Expect After IPL Hair Removal Treatment
IPL hair removal treatments will usually require you 2 to 6 sessions. The interval of these treatments will vary on the area that you need to be treated. For areas where hair quickly grows (e.g. upper lip, underarm), the interval can be from 21 days up to 8 weeks. Visible results can be noticed usually after the sixth treatment.
Are IPL Hair Removal Results Permanent
Generally, IPL hair removal results are semi-permanent and require maintenance. Although, depending on the patient, the maintenance could only be just once a year, or once every 3-5 years.
IPL Hair Removal Alternatives
IPL hair removal, despite its popularity, may not be for everyone. For any given reason, some people are in search of other methods that can be deemed as alternatives to IPL hair removal.
IPL Hair Removal Vs. Diode Hair Removal
Diode hair removal is a form of laser hair removal which utilizes a single wavelength of light that melanin can absorb at a remarkable rate. While it has the same process, IPL hair removal is not actually a laser treatment. IPL hair removal utilizes multiple wavelengths of light. Both treatments target the hair follicle that causes hair growth impairment.
IPL Hair Removal Vs. Waxing
One session of waxing is way cheaper than IPL hair removal treatment. However, since waxing does not offer permanent results, you need to do it every few weeks, which can cost a lot more in the long run. It is also painful, especially in areas with sensitive or thin skin like the underarms and the bikini lines. It is also not recommended if you want to have smooth, hair-free skin all the time since you need to grow your hair a certain length (a quarter of an inch) for it to be waxed again.
IPL Hair Removal Vs. Sugaring
Sugaring is probably the oldest hair removal method and is comparable to waxing as they have the same concept and procedure of pulling the hair roots. Although, unlike waxing, it takes about 3-5 weeks before you notice the hair starting to grow again. Comparing it with IPL hair removal treatment, sugaring can also provide the possibility of hair growth decrease in the long run, as there is less hair to remove each time you set an appointment.
IPL Hair Removal Vs. Electrolysis Hair Removal
Compared to IPL hair removal which utilizes multiple wavelengths of light, electrolysis hair removal utilizes shortwave radio frequency that aims to damage the hair follicles. In short, both of them are almost the same when it comes to process, although electrolysis is more versatile as it can be done even on the eyebrows. FDA also says that it is a hair removal treatment that offers a permanent solution.
IPL Hair Removal Vs. ND:Yag Hair Removal
Nd:YAG is deemed to be the newest laser hair removal treatment available in the market. It also uses a wavelength of light but it is known to penetrate deeper into the skin so that it only damages the hair follicles and not the epidermis. Long-term results are not yet available for ND:Yag, although it is said to be good for all skin types and is safer for those who have darker skin.
Performing IPL Hair Removal Treatment
Because of its guaranteed results, IPL hair removal easily became the most popular hair removal treatment on the market. Plenty of establishments, spas, and clinics are offering this service. IPL treatments, albeit a simple procedure, requires to be done by someone who has an ample amount of knowledge on how it works, and the pros and cons if the procedure is not done properly.
Who Can Perform the IPL Hair Removal Treatment
Ideally, you need to go to a dermatologist or doctor for your IPL hair removal treatment, as they know what to do and they can also explain to you what you should expect before, during, and after the treatment. However, IPL hair removal machines that allow you to do it yourself is all over the market these days, which means you can definitely do it yourself at home. When choosing this option, make sure that you are well aware of how to do it properly and know what are the before and aftercare procedures to avoid any undesirable complications.
How to Use an IPL Hair Removal Machine
Regardless of whether you are with a dermatologist or if you are doing it at home, IPL hair removal machines work the same way. Make sure you have protective equipment (eye protection) before starting the procedure. Depending on the size of the treatment area, select the precision head and plug the machine. Place the nozzle onto the skin, make sure that there’s full contact for it to work properly.
How to Perform IPL Hair Removal
Here’s how to perform IPL hair removal:
- First, you need to shave the area to remove the hair. This is done so that it is much easier for the IPL to penetrate through the hair follicles.
- Decide the correct intensity of light for your skin tone.
- Flash the light by pressing the button.
- Move the nozzle or the device to the next spot.
IPL Hair Removal Treatment Protocol
In performing IPL hair removal treatment, you need to observe protocols to avoid mishaps and unwanted side effects. Here are some of the things you need to do before, during, and after the procedure.
- Shave the hair of the area that needs to be treated. Do not pluck or wax the area will be treated.
- Make sure that you didn’t get a tan or did sunbathe at least 4 weeks before the IPL hair removal session.
- There might be a bit of discomfort, similar to a warm pinprick once the dermatologist activates the IPL. There will be a cooling sensation as well due to the cooling gel or device that the doctor will also apply.
- Notice a bit of redness or swelling on the treated area.
- Avoid washing the treated area for at least 8 hours after the session.
- Apply hydrocortisone cream to the area if needed.
IPL Hair Removal Treatment Steps
If you are planning to undergo IPL hair removal treatment, here are the steps:
- Speak to a dermatologist about the area that needs to be treated, about the pros and cons, and if you have underlying skin conditions.
- Make sure that you didn’t sunbathe or get tanned for at least 4 weeks before your appointment.
- It is recommended to shave the area that needs to be treated a day before your session. Do not wax or pluck the hairs.
- Go to your appointment as scheduled.
- Do not forget to follow the aftercare procedure as instructed by the dermatologist.
How Long to Wait Between IPL Hair Removal Treatments?
The time intervals between IPL hair removal treatments depends on the area to treat. On areas where there is more rapid growth, it is recommended to wait for 4-5 weeks before the next session. For areas like underarms or legs, you need to wait for 6-8 weeks before your next session as the hair in these areas have slower growth.
IPL Hair Removal Treatment Areas
IPl hair removal treatment can be done in various areas of the skin including:
- Arms and underarms
- Upper and lower legs
- Chest and back
- Bikini line
IPL Hair Removal for the Face Area
The face can easily be the most delicate part of the skin, but it can still undergo IPL hair removal treatment if necessary especially on the upper lip, chin, and jaw. Since facial hairs grow rapidly, IPL treatments session can have a 4-5 week interval. For best results, you need to do 6-8 sessions.
IPL Hair Removal for Arms and Underarms
Arms and underarms do not usually have stubborn hair, but it requires 6-8 sessions to get the results you want to achieve in intervals of 5-6 weeks.
IPL Hair Removal for Upper and Lower Legs
Upper and lower legs can have treatment intervals of 8-10 weeks since the hair in those areas do not grow quickly, unlike facial hairs. For best results, it it recommended to undergo 8-12 sessions.
IPL Hair Removal for Chest and Back
IPL hair removal treatment for chest and back are usually done to men, but women also do this too. Apparently, there are more preparations that need to be done if this is your area of treatment. Six months before your first session, you are recommended to stop taking Accutane (medicine for acne treatment). You need to speak with your attending physician if you happen to be taking this medication (or any medication for that matter). Take note as well that you should avoid plucking or waxing, applying self-tanning lotions or tanning beds, excessive UV exposure , photosensitive creams or medications and using SPF 2-3 weeks before the IPL session.
IPL Hair Removal for Bikini Line
IPL hair removal can also be done on the following bikini areas:
- Bikini line - hair removal from outside of the underwear.
- Extended bikini - hair removal from outside of the underwearand the sides of the pubic area.
- Brazilian bikini - hair removal on the top and the sides of the pubic area, including the labia
- Full bikini - hair removal of the entire pubic area including the labia and bottom.
The treatment is guaranteed painless (except for the tiny, warm pinpricks) and it may require 8-12 sessions before you achieve the desired results.
IPL Hair Removal Machine Maintenance
IPL hair removal machines can cost a fortune, thus, it is important that you do proper care and maintenance for your device. Once treatment is completed, the handpiece light window needs to be cleaned. Turning off the device is also a must each time a treatment has ended.
IPL Hair Removal Consumables
When doing IPL hair removal treatment, there are also other expenses or consumables you need to consider, that are essential for the procedure. Below are some of them:
- Face shield visor - protection from splashes
- Disposable towels - for hygiene purposes in the salon
- Laser face masks - ideal for those who carry out the treatment procedures
- Skin wipes - for hygienic cleansing
- Disposable razors - waxing and plucking are not recommended while doing IPL hair removal treatments and you need to shave your hair for the IPL to penetrate deeply through the hair follicles
- IPL gel - this is to protect the skin and also to ensure that you’ll get optimum results
- Eye shield - this is important because it protects the eyes of both the patient and the salon personnel while ding the procedure.
IPL Hair Removal Training
While IPL hair removal can also be done at home using DIY devices, if you are working in a salon to perform IPL hair removal with patients, you need to be fully trained. In most places, they require the salon personnel to acquire a fully accredited Level 4 Laser and IPL certificate. Technicians are also required in some regions to acquire manufacture training certificate, along with core knowledge certificate.
IPL Hair Removal Consent Form
Since IPL hair removal is considered as a cometic procedure that can potentially present risks and cause side-effects, patients are required to sign a consent form, authorizing the dermatologist or the salon personnel to perform the treatment. This is also to ensure the safety of the patients, as having signed the form also means that they do not have any underlying condition that IPL hair removal treatment can exacerbate
Benefits of IPL Hair Removal Machine for Your Spa Business
As a popular hair removal method, having a IPL hair removal machine on your spa business is extremely beneficial. It offers your clients a variety of options when it comes to hair removal treatment, not to mention its guaranteed results and lower costs in the long run. Furthermore, IPL machines can do more than one type of treatment and therefore it is like adding a ton of services that your spa can offer.
Treatments You Can Perform with IPL Hair Removal Machine
Your IPL hair removal machine can do not only hair removal treatment but other skin problems like:
- Anti-acne treatment
- Treatment of varicose veins
- Dark spot treatment
Instagram Hashtags for IPL Hair Removal Procedure
If you have a spa business and you intent to do social media marketing with you IPL hair removal treatment services, you can use the following hashtags in Instagram and Tiktok:
Most popular hashtags:
#laserhairremoval #laser #skincare #beauty #hairremoval #botox #microneedling #skin #hairfree #fillers #facial #antiaging #medspa #hydrafacial #laserhairremovaltreatment #ipl #microdermabrasion #smoothskin #aesthetics #facials #juvederm #acne #selfcare #waxing #lasertreatment #medicalspa #laserclinic #diodelaser #skintightening #bhfyp
Most liked hashtags in Instagram:
#spa #tattooremoval #laserhair #coolsculpting #permanenthairremoval #prp #microblading #skincareroutine #dermatology #esthetician #dysport #lasertattooremoval #chemicalpeel #filler #bodycontouring #beautiful #lipfiller #dermaplaning #hair #laserhairreduction #glowingskin #bodysculpting #chemicalpeels #acnetreatment #aesthetic #hairremovallaser #dermalfillers #medispa #kybella #beautymachine
Check out our blog